Wednesday 19 January 2011

The Legend of Zelda - Time lord?

This week I've been playing a lot of computer games (mostly assassin's creed Brotherhood but more on that in another blog) and found myself playing some Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess. It's another one of those games I've played Zelda games since I can remember. My fondest childhood memories of computer games tend to be Zelda related ones. Link is also the one thing I used to draw, I was always obsessed with his foofy blonde hair.

After playing it, I realised it'd been many a year since I'd drawn a Link picture, so I started one and once i'd done the line drawing I thought "Good god, his hat is too big." It looked so ridiculous. I went and looked for some pictures online and as it turns out, no, the hat wasn't too big. In fact, it was a bit too small going by some of the Wind Waker pictures.

It got me thinking; Why does Link have such a big hat?

I thought at first that it was just a zainy fashion statement, but really, it's such an unpractical item of clothing for a swordsman. People can poke at it, it's gonna get in your face. I thought maybe he hid food in it but then I thought that would also be impractical and a bit smelly after a bit.

Thats when the truth dawned on me. Link, is a timelord.

I know, a little out there, but bear with me a second. Time Lords have cool gadgets yes? Well, Link has a bunch of those!

Dr Who himself would find it difficult to find such an array of cool weapons and items. This is only a selection of them too, there's hundreds. Magic capes that would make Harry Potter proud, a magical spyglass that Sherlock Holmes would pee himself for and, in Majora's mask, about 70 masks to both scare and delight!

Time Lords also have the ability to travel through time. Well, Link has been in upwards of 15 titles, all of which seem to span many long years and times, also, he is either a child or a young adult.

Now, I know what you're thinking. He needs a Tardis. But! My theory is that Link's hat is a Tardis! Thats how he keeps everything in it! You see, it's the perfect explanation of both the silly hat and the number of Zelda games there are.

Yes Link, we are in awe of your AWESOME hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment