Wednesday 9 February 2011

Wonderful World of Wings

First, apologies for lack of update on Monday. I had some sort of alcohol related thing going on... deadlines seem to disappear in those instances.

Onto today's blog:

I've been giving myself little goals to work towards and the past week it's been Feathered Wings. I can draw bat/mammal wings pretty good as I was always rather obsessed with Dragons, but feathered wings, not so much.

My dragon wings:

That was like a 2 minute photoshop sketch. If I was doing it really detailed i'd have knuckles on the wing 'fingers'. I've always drawn these kind of wings but recently I've been needing to draw feathered wings for some characters in a story I've been writing with my other half.

Feathered wings on the other hand...




Kind of sucky!

So I embarked on a mission to turn my feathered wings into something worth showing. I've posted a picture up here recently with wings on it, but she's not very good either, it was her pose I was looking at practicing. I began looking online for wing anatomy and started to realise where I was going wrong. I was thinking that the wing was much shorter than it really is when actually it's just an arm with no fingers.

So I started to practice and research and came up with this!

I dunno if it makes sense to other people but it made sense to me lol!

So yes, with my newfound wing anatomy, I drew this (And I am very proud of it)

So yeah, let me know if it makes sense lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment