Wednesday 2 February 2011

Bioware ate my soul

Late blog post, I am bio-aware. (heh, that's funny to me anyway)

Lets see what can be blamed for this amazing phenomenon? Could it be work? Food? A good book? No, it was none of these things. What happened was, I was innocently walking down the street and then a huge vampire came and attacked me. Said something about being pathetic and needy... I figured, "hey, I want my vampires to be scary and like 'grrr'" So I called Buffy and she totally sorted out the situation leaving me to play Mass Effect...

Oh drat, I just gave the game away.

In preparation for 11th of March (Day of Reckoning, Day of Procrastination... hell maybe I should have saved my 2 days holiday for then...) I have been powering my way through Mass Effect 1 and am about to begin Mass Effect 2. I would like to have both of these complete by mid feburary so I can begin Dragon Age again... you know... in case I forgot what happened after I played it for 11 months straight. (I'm only not playing it now because I made my brother take it away, to another house.)

He said he'd give it back, I said he should keep it until I need it or nothing else will get played.

My thoughts on the first Mass Effect  upon a second play through remain the same. Good game, good characters, fun shooting action. I hate the biotic powers, I can't use them properly, I'm more of a "Lets go in and SHOOT THEM ALL!!!" kind of gamer than then "Ooh, lets hang back and helpfully throw people around".

Even in Dragon Age my mages are all armed to the teeth. I'd give them lasers if I could and a tank maybe? Also, can't beat a good heavy suit of armor. And sharks... ooh, sharks with lasers!

Anyway, this blog post, fun as it is, is not Mass Effect 2 so, I'm gonna go play that and will give more detailed musings on Friday once I've gotten through a bit of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment